Bernstein-Rein is seeking a Group Planning Director for our growing department. The Group Planning Director is responsible for the management of one or more client groups. They will be responsible for developing ad strategy and creative briefs.
In addition, they will be providing leadership and expertise to other departments. Assists in driving long-term business building and may be an integral member working with new business team.
The considered candidate must have the ability to bring a strong consumer focus to all advertising decisions, work well within other departments as a team player, train and develop the Account Planning team, and have 7-10 years of experience, preferably in an Agency setting.
We offer the opportunity for career growth in a fast-paced, friendly work environment.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure work excellence for the planning function
• Author briefs, strategic business presentations and marketing plans
• Partner with the Account and Creative leads to deliver on the overall client assignments/relationship
• Ensure all deliverables required from the group (internal and external) are met in an efficient and timely manner
• Ensures the development (or develops) relevant, inspiring, focused briefs and briefings to the Creatives
• Guides the development of accurate and insightful conclusions from research data and presentation of strategy
direction to the client
• Guides the recommendation and implementation of research that will aid the strategic process
• Ensure creative delivers on strategy
• Actively leverages all available Bernstein-Rein tools
• Responsible for growing the abilities and skills of the department members through formal training, mentorship
and hands on learning
• Creates an environment that fosters personal and professional growth for department members to encourage
loyalty, openness of opinion, and constant curiosity
• Monitors and interprets cultural and social trends relevant to the client’s business
• Participates in new business development
EDUCATION: BS Marketing or related discipline. MBA desirable
Required/Preferred 7-10+ years in planning/strategy function
SKILLS & ABILITIES (Required/Preferred)
• Exceptional knowledge of classical marketing strategy and its application
• Ability to apply industry knowledge and trends to define client business opportunities and drive communications
• Client development savvy; track record of advancing client relationships and delivering business results
• Proven people management skills, with the ability to grow associates into leaders and support direction of the
department and agency
• Excellent presentation skills. Ability to story-tell both oral and written
• Ability to effectively interface with management level clients
• Availability for business travel, as needed
A competitive compensation package with benefits is being offered.
Please direct all inquiries and resumes to:
PO Box 782
Westport, CT 06881
Office Line: 203-227-3240